Marriage (for churches)
- Suitable for Church Groups
£10 (FREE UK DELIVERY)
- Resource Type: DVD and accompanying leader’s resource booklet
- Release Date: February 2013
- Version: 1.0
Do you want to equip young people to think about going out and sex God’s way?
Understanding God’s gift of marriage is the essential starting point for Christian teaching on going out and sex. MARRIAGE is a DVD for use in church youth groups and suitable for young people aged 14-18 years. It explores the key elements of marriage, including the vows and the purpose of marriage. It also covers the Bible’s teaching about sex and the benefits of saving sex for marriage. The topics in the DVD are helpfully illustrated by interviews with couples and individuals who discuss their thoughts and experiences firsthand, making this an engaging resource for church youth groups.
The DVD consists of four sessions which can be played in sequence or separately, each session lasts approximately 10 minutes:
- Session 1: What is marriage? [11:54mins]
- Session 2: The benefits of marriage [10:13mins]
- Session 3: The role of sex in marriage [10:58mins]
- Session 4: Practical advice on relationships [8:48mins]
The DVD is accompanied by a leader’s resource booklet, which includes opening activities, discussion questions and relevant Bible passages to encourage Bible study on the subjects raised in the DVD. The booklet provides a helpful basis from which leaders can plan sessions for their youth group.
- Audience: Church youth groups
- Key Topics: Marriage, marriage vows, role of sex in marriage, saving sex for marriage, going out